NumTanga™ SR - What's included?
- NumTanga SR Card Deck (Subsets: Money, Fractions & Measurements)
HOW TO PLAY
1. Each player chooses a game piece and takes turns in order. Green goes first.
2. Player chooses ANY 2 cards at random (must be within same color deck). Between those 2 cards, there is always only one equivalent value match.
3. The player must find the match, only then do they get to roll and move.
4. If a player lands on "RACE", they flip 2 more cards for a free-for-all race. The first player that finds the match gets to advance 1 additional space. Players then continue taking turns in the regular order. First player to reach the end wins.
- 2-4 Players
- Grades 2-5
6 GAMES TO BOOST MATH SKILLS AT ANY LEVEL
IT'S SO FUN THEY'LL FORGET THEY'RE LEARNING
Each game targets an important strategy or standard providing hours of fun while building mental math skills in a fun, challenging way!
Skills: Addition/Subtraction, Multiplication/Division, Counting, Money, Fractions, Measurement, Sequences, Equations, Order of Operations & More!
THE CREATOR OF TANG MATH GAMES
The Math Powerpack was created by Harvard professor and world-renowned author, Greg Tang. With over 4,000 workshops and conferences, Greg has helped transform the way teachers and students understand and enjoy math.
Greg Tang’s “Less Is More” approach focuses on how to help students think about the numbers in a smarter way.
He even hosted a TedTalk about finding simple solutions to seemingly complicated math problems and enjoying it.
Watch the full TedTalk here
LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH GAME
ALL GAMES 2-6 players, 15 min play
Skills: Addition/Subtraction Fact Families
Flip a card & try to find the addition/subtraction fact family - there is ALWAYS only ONE solution per card.
Skills: Multiplication/ Division Fact Families
Flip a card & try to find the multiplication/division fact family - there is only ONE solution per card.
Skills: Counting, Place Value, Numbers
Flip any two cards from the same mini deck and find the match!
Skills: Money, Fractions, Measurement
Flip any two cards from the same mini deck & find the match!
Skills: Number Bonds, Sequences, Color Patterns
Using 3 different color cards, find the fact families.
Skills: Multi-part, Order of operations, Equations
Use any operation (+ - x ÷) to make a target number!
teachers, parents & kids LOVE KAKOOMA!
This is the best money I've spent on my classroom in a long time! I just wanted to say THANK YOU so much for making math come alive for our students...and teachers. Everyone has a renewed spirit for learning thanks to your energy.
I brought the Greg Tang kit home to try out with my second grader. We have been playing for the past TWO hours!
I used the kit over the summer to play math games with some students and they loved it! Even the reluctant ones were engaged and having fun. Also, it's great that I can differentiate the games because there are multiple levels included.